Cruising Life

I took my first cruise March 4, 2018. It was a 7-day Western Caribbean Cruise, which included going to Montego Bay Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Mahagony Bay, and Cozumel Mexico. I took this first cruise with my family and my bestfriend, Tierany, because my close cousin Michael, birthday is in March, and he planned to go to New Orleans for his 21st birthday in 2018, but when he came to Memphis,Tn from Starkville,Mississippi to meet with our family, he was shot and killed. He also wanted to go to Jamaica for his 22nd birthday. We decided to plan a cruise, since nobody had passports at the time, we could only go if we did cruises. We went to New Orleans for his birthday week and had fun for him, and we also got on a cruise ship leaving out of New Orleans, and when we arrived at the port of Montego Bay Jamaica, before we debarked off of the ship,we meet up on the lido deck, which is the deck where the activities are mostly hosted and you can see off of the ship. My family and I took pictures together wearing a tshirt that had my cousins' face on it written underneath the photo of him, it said "Happy 22nd Birthday". My cousin, which is his mom, she had some of his ashes and sprinkled some off of the ship. My family also decided we will keep his life going on earth by going on a cruise every 6-months, that way it will always fall on his birthday. My cousin,his mom as well as his two sisters all agreed and also thought it could be a way we can stay close like we are,regardless of everyone living in different states. 


Carnival Dream Cruise Ship



Comments